Superhuman | Senior Project Manager
This job post has expired
Superhuman is looking for a Senior Project Manager. Who specifically are we looking for? A self-starter who enjoys independently running projects from start to finish, is comfortable with and enjoys daily client communication, and can proactively make decisions about how to best plan and run projects with complex workstreams. Beyond managing timelines and deliverables, project managers at Superhuman also act as the primary client lead; they help guide our clients as they navigate their branding and/or marketing journey. Senior Project Managers are seen as leaders both within the project management team and within the agency and act as the guiding force for the project team on any project they’re on. Our teams rely on the Senior Project Manager to help keep them on track and to continually set expectations with clients on project progress. This role reports directly to the Director of Project Management.
Within the Project Management Team
Senior Project Managers act as partners and mentors to continually motivate and push other project managers to excel in client service and project management. They support other project managers with words of advice in how to deal with challenging situations, jump in to lend a hand during a busy season for another project manager, and continually look for areas to improve processes and workflows within the agency.
Working with the Creative Team
The Creative Team can rely on Senior Project Managers to problem solve resourcing and timing issues, so they can focus on delivering the creative vision our clients are expecting. When projects involve production, Senior Project Managers partner with the Creative team to ensure concepts come to life as envisioned.
Working with the Design Team
Senior Project Managers work to create an environment for the Design Team where they have the space and capacity to create their best work by providing the right details at the right time (due dates, timing, client feedback, next steps), and proactively scheduling reviews so they can concentrate on design.
Working with the Strategy Team
The Strategy Team can count on the Senior Project Manager to help guide the client and project team and schedule important meetings and interviews, so they can focus on their strategic work without worrying about project details.
Working with the Experience Team
Senior Project Managers work with the Experience Team on UX and digital experience projects and function as digital producers to engage development partners when needed.
Working with the Leadership Team
The Senior Project Manager works closely with the Director of Project Management to ensure a smooth handoff from the new business process to scoped engagement, and acts as Project Lead to ensure projects exceed client expectations from beginning to end.
- 5-7 years of agency, in-house or equivalent project management experience
- Have led complex, multi-faceted projects from start to finish with little-to-no senior supervision, work in a startup environment a plus
- Have experience managing digital projects and know how to engage UX, SEO, analytics, development, QA resources throughout project lifecycle
- Natural problem solver who enjoys finding solutions to complex problems
- Experience mentoring and helping a team of project managers, comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Proficiency with Keynote, G Suite, and Dropbox. Harvest and Smartsheet a plus
- Primary point of contact for all client communications on the clients and projects you own or collaborate on
- Is a partner to clients and anticipates and uncovers hidden business needs by thinking creatively and proactively
- Leads scoping discussions, proposal and estimate development with clients and cross functional teams
- Leads and manages overall project workflow with internal teams from timeline creation and kickoff, to internal reviews, client presentations, and final asset handoff
- Manages budget throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Manages and coordinates production budget and tasks as needed (e.g. stock photography and video production vendor budgets and timelines)
- Works closely with project team to discuss and lead new business inquiries, information gathering and scoping process
- Looks for new areas of operational efficiency and ways to improve how the agency works