DKY | Art Director
This job post has expired
We’re looking for an Art Director to help good people build brands of great impact.
You: Strong conceptual visual designer skilled in digital, print, video and whatever’s next. Exude creative passion with head in the clouds, feet on the ground. Self-motivated team player. Self-confident, not ego driven. Solid experience with outdoor lifestyle brands.
Us: Mid-sized agency of talented, motivated professionals always thinking about how to make things better. With core values like kindness and service.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
A DKY Art Director has the ability to:
- Execute superior creative visual designs across campaigns that are targeted to meet our client’s business objectives
- Apply extensive brand experience with consumer outdoor lifestyle products/services
- Establish creative and visual concepts with an ability to quickly adapt and refine ideas
- Maintain the highest possible visual design standards
- Translate visual design work across a wide variety of media including traditional print, interactive/web (User Interface), digital/email, video, outdoor, trade shows, signage, social, etc.
- Function swiftly and effectively in Adobe Creative Cloud products and most specifically InDesign, Photoshop, XD, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Direct the work of other designers, photographers and talent at photo/video sessions, and other freelance creatives
- Apply strong typography design skills to enhance readability and aesthetics
- Set up files/formats according to project and vendor requirements
- Keep visual libraries highly organized
- Attend press checks as needed with good eye for color treatment/corrections
- Monitor the quality of all work and strive for excellence from concept to completion
- Stay current with design, culture, and technology to continue developing fresh, creative ideas
- Attend weekly DKY Creative Conclave meetings to review work, discuss workload and process issues, and learn from others
- Contribute to the positive, collaborative creative culture of the agency and coach/develop creative team members to improve and advance their craft
- Be an active contributor to DKY blog posts, agency thought leadership, and social media
- Grow the business with existing clients and contribute to new business pitches when called upon
While creating and maintaining productive relationships by:
- Working together as a team with the Creative Director, Writer, and others to solve client problems through smart, well-designed solutions
- Collaborating and aligning with agency teams including account service, project management, digital, PR and other core disciplines.
- Managing outside creative partners throughout the project, always maintaining a high expectation of great work while preserving a positive reputation of DKY
And fulfilling the broader expectations of the company, including:
- Supporting a team-based culture that treats everyone with kindness and respect.
- Treating our clients and creative partners as both colleagues and friends. People matter more than the work. We don’t have an “us vs them” mentality with our clients.
- Championing great creative solutions. Fostering the sharing of ideas and diverse points-of-view. Knowing when to acquiesce and collaborate.
- Continuing to learn and grow. This business does not stand still, neither should your professional development and contributions.
- Having fun. Bringing energy daily to what you do. Igniting the same passion in others.
- 10+ years of proven art direction experience with consumer outdoor lifestyle brand(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in design/advertising or comparable program
- We’re looking for a dedicated, hardworking, energetic, smart person who is ready to jump in, roll up the sleeves, and create great work
Annualized salary based on qualifications and experience
Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance***
Paid Time Off
401k retirement plan with company match
* Eligibility schedules apply
** DKY pays 75% of monthly premium + an annual HSA contribution
*** DKY pays 100% of monthly premium
DKY is an independent, Minneapolis-based brand marketing, advertising and public relations agency. We have a 27-year history of delivering exceptional, effective strategies and campaigns for a wide variety of B2C, B2B and faith-based nonprofit clients.
Our mission is to help good people build brands of great impact.
We care deeply about the work and the people we serve, and strive everyday to keep our relationships as productive and meaningful as possible.