Minnesota United FC | Graphic Designer
The Graphic Designer is part of the Marketing & Communications department for Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
The Graphic Designer will create conceptual designs and elevate the brand through visual design work for digital and print. The Graphic Designer will have superior design sensibilities to work across multiple channels, including branding materials, advertisements, packaging, merchandise, large format graphics, photo editing, infographics and illustrations. They will work collaboratively to modify, extend and prepare materials in line with established brand standards, direction and existing examples. The Graphic Designer reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing and will work closely within the Marketing and Communications department. This is a full-time position based in Golden Valley, MN.
• Become an expert in Minnesota United’s business, including audiences, objectives, trends, category’s visual language, etc.
• Clearly understand project’s design parameters and generate varied and diverse layouts inside the project parameters and design principles
• Implement strong design execution in various formats – print, signage, digital, retail – while following MNUFC brand standards
• Adapt and extend designs from one context to another
• Align design decisions with strategy and objectives of MNUFC
• Support design efforts and collaborate cross departmentally
• Understand events and activations, and apply design principles
• Create print-ready keylines and review/approve production proofs
• Participate in team brainstorming sessions and translate concepts into innovative, tangible and executable work
• Work with outside print, packaging and production vendors
• Remain up-to-date on current design trends and technology; proactively bring outside ideas to the Marketing team
• Unparalleled attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Flexible and can adjust to change in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects on a daily basis to meet deadlines
• Ability to take creative direction and feedback from others
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Be self-motivated with a positive attitude, able to work without constant direction
• Strive to add value in any task you’re assigned
Education & Experience
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
• 4+ years of successful experience in design and production in both print and digital
• Knowledge of high-end retouching, pre-press and proofing
• Working knowledge of printing methods and tactics, paper and other printable substrates
• Evidence of original, conceptual design work
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays
• MNUFC requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.