Friends & Neighbors | Designer
This job post has expired
As a Friend & Neighbor
• Live our belief: A small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. And our promise: to build our clients’ brands based on their defining beliefs.
• Promote an environment of passion, optimism, creativity, intelligence, belonging, collaboration and respect.
• Actively avoid ego, entitlement, attitude, cynicism, frustration or any other negativity in yourself and others. Acknowledge that you have the power and responsibility to change these things.
• Strive to do great work all the time.
• Take an active role in the betterment, promotion and growth of the agency (financially and professionally).
• Continue to better yourself personally and professionally.
• Help attract top talent for open positions.
• Have a great time doing all the above.
Creative at F&N
The creative team at F&N dreams up big ideas to solve big brand challenges for our clients. You think in big picture ideas vs. channels, knowing that great creative needs to wow consumers across all touchpoints. You are an expert communicator and storyteller in presenting brilliant ideas to clients and other agency partners. You are collaborative and proactive in seeking feedback and input and are thoughtful in communicating your point of view. You are passionate about your work and seek out what’s new and innovative. Your creative ideas are the heartbeat of our agency and truly change our clients’ business and possibly even the world.
• Offer input to creative meetings/brainstorms and proactively share ideas
• Produce attractive and effective design across all types of media, in projects ranging from print ads to banner ads and identity design to package design
• Communicate effectively with senior team members to receive feedback and make refinements to design based on that feedback
• Actively be learning and adding to your skillset—attend industry events, watch tutorials, follow design blogs—to develop in your design role
• Support the team throughout the execution of campaigns, projects and decks
• Attend meetings, when appropriate, to develop presentation skills and observe senior team members
• Demonstrate an understanding of campaign/project objectives and help develop creative strategies to achieve them
• Support F&N’s social media channels and website with design and creative ideas
• Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs and be able to use with minimal guidance
• Meet deadlines and stay within your assigned hours/communicate to a senior team member when you go over on your hours
• Interact with clients in a way that is representative of Friends & Neighbors’ values
• Complete timesheets in a timely manner
• Work fluidly with teams including internal and external resources
• Aid in creating the conditions for teams to do great work by fostering creativity, collaboration, compassion and enthusiasm
• Bring a “can-do” attitude to each project and challenge, working with teams toward inventive solutions
• Communicate effectively with teams, keeping them informed about the status of projects
• The next role for the Designer is Senior Designer / Senior Art Director, depending on career path.
What you are gearing up for:
• Taking on a more conceptual role in creative projects—working with team members to develop concepts that are on-brand and on-brief
• Proactively seeking out ways to further develop your career and skillset
• Taking on a larger role in presenting your own work both internally and to clients
• Providing feedback and guidance to the junior members of the Creative team
• Leading clients through work and showing consistent leadership acknowledge internally and by clients
• Participating in production of work—attend video and photo shoots, help develop the concepts for these shoots and participate in the pre- and post-production