Cambria | Sr. Art Director/ACD
This job post has expired
As a digital-minded Sr. Art Director, creative strategic thinking in web design creation, social media best practices, and email strategies are essential. This candidate is highly creative, motivated, an experienced leader and is not afraid to dig in and move pixels around. This person is part strategic thinker, part creative problem solver, strong collaborator and an all-around good person, who has a passion for design communication and user experience.
This person will be a leader in the creative in-house agency and will bring experience in both digital and traditional, to a team looking to push the marketing boundaries of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct and supervise a creative team - providing comprehensive strategy, art direction and delivering bold design thinking - in primarily digital medium but is able shift to traditional spaces, when needed.
• Partner with internal marketing channel teams to take on creative challenges and articulate strategic brand concepts to deliver powerful design across all mediums.
• Collaborate with Digital and IT teams to implement creative across all digital channels.
• Ability to lead and manage visual/UX design strategy. Fully understand each assignment as articulated in the creative brief and work hand-in-hand with the team to develop creative that delivers on brand and brief.
• Ability to understand and articulate best practices (personas, journeys, mapping etc.).
• Provide graphic design deliverables: on-brand, responsive design, concepts and wireframes.
• Develop relationships with outside vendors, such as a print shop or digital agency.
• Manage production quality and adherence to deadlines and budgets.
• Stay current with the latest digital trends and proactively seek out solutions to achieve greater efficiencies.
• Provide mentorship/leadership to junior team members.
Qualifications and Skills:
• 7 – 10 years experience designing in an agency environment – emphasis on digital
• 2+ years managing a team directly
• Portfolio showcasing strong strategic design thinking - in both B2B and B2C
• Sound understanding of photography, video content, illustration, and typography
• Proficiency in understanding of digital design and production processes – interface design, usability, accessibility, HTML, CSS, wireframes, user journeys and responsive design
• Proficient in Adobe CS tools
• Ability to evaluate and direct motion graphics and interactive projects
• Adapts to the requirements of a fast-paced environment while maintaining strict attention to detail and quality
• Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to speak effectively before executives and peers, as well as project a professional appearance
• Ability to create and maintain highly organized server and document files
• Effectively drives and delivers on multiple assignments at one time
• Ability to be lead creative on smaller projects with little to no supervision
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university preferred
Experience: Must have 7 - 10 years of related work experience in ad/marketing agency or design shop
Physical Requirements: Office position requiring telephone and computer use
Travel Requirements: This position will require some travel both regionally and nationally at ~10%.