BBDO Minneapolis | Director of Planning
This job post has expired
We are looking for a Director of Planning who has an innate understanding of brand positioning and marketing communications in the modern world, with a focus on how target audiences think, behave, build perceptions, and consume information.
The Director of Planning leads the client and internal cross-functional teams to create and implement short and long-term integrated strategies that ultimately result in work that makes an impact in the market.
This person leads is part of the agency Leadership Team while also regularly interacting with senior-level clients.
• Leading global branding efforts for the agency.
• Building/leading a next generation planning function that infuses creative with breakthrough, brand-, media-, and customer- driven insights.
• Working intimately with cross-disciplinary leadership team on brand, overall marketing strategy, and campaign execution.
• Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers, and competitive dynamics to inform the team and clients of relevant implications/opportunities for their business.
• Represent the client’s customers in client meetings and presents research/strategy findings.
• Craft concise creative briefs and provide clear persuasive briefings to creatives.
• Serve as key strategy leader for new business development and the scaling/servicing of additional agency clients.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years’ experience in planning at a creative agency or on a creative brand showing experience in setting a department vision and creating agency growth plans
• The ability to see the future of the CPG space and articulate and interpret that vision for clients.
• Proven experience developing teams from entry level to director level to grow the competency and capability of the department, including experience with dotted line relationships to other departments.
• Thought leader who is current on advertising theory and how it works so it can be applied in new ways to the clients’ business.
• Executive presence and the ability to speak confidently to client and internal executive teams, to tactfully defend a new point of view and be comfortable adapting to feedback.
BBDO Minneapolis is a boutique creative shop within the world’s most creatively awarded agency network. We operate with all the benefits of a small and nimble agency that is invested in breakthrough creative with the ability to tap the resources of the global BBDO network to bring our ideas to life. With insight and imagination, we work to solve problems with creativity every day.