Ultra Creative, Inc. | Account Director
This job post has expired
Ultra Creative is looking for a confident and enthusiastic Account Director who can share their expertise and perspective to move the client and agency businesses forward.
The Account Director is responsible for managing the client/agency relationship, delivering best-in-class work against client strategies, and the profitable growth of both businesses. The AD is an effective collaborator in creating great work and has a compelling POV on how to sell it to a range of client audiences. They are a recognized expert in the client’s business and implement proactive and strategic thinking that ensures the final product is profitable and effective. Under the Account Director’s stewardship, the client achieves their goals and finds a trusted counselor, and the agency understands their contribution to client success and discovers a team coach that guides and inspires.
• Project Oversight. Attend client meetings and oversee the day-to-day management of the project. Shape and drive the direction and activity on a given piece of business.
• Leadership. Understand the essential dynamics, strategies and drivers of the client’s business. Monitor and identify future marketing, cultural, consumer and advertising issues facing clients. Be able to recognize and advance big ideas, or opportunities for big ideas. Become a trusted counselor with an indispensable POV to both the client and creative team
• Profitable Client Relationships. Manage and grow productive client relationships across all levels. Identify opportunities and implement a course of action to extend/drive more business.
• Client Management. Manage client expectations, objectives, and timelines. Ensure overall quality of work on the accounts and maintain senior-level relationships with the client
• Team Management and Mentorship. Grow and retain talented internal individuals on the account side staff inclusive of account executives and project managers.
• Creative Management. Able to guide the internal creative team so design and creative meets client objectives while still stretching the boundaries of breakthrough execution.
• Write clear and concise kick off documents, and guide creative teams to meet objectives of project
• Identify and embrace great creative thinking and ideas, and champion them in creative presentations to client with a strategic POV
• Develop and maintain relationships with senior clients to deliver solutions that are best targeted to achieve client objectives, on existing or potential projects
• Manage client expectations throughout each project and ensure the highest level work is being presented
• Ensure outstanding client service by anticipating potential problems, assessing appropriate solutions and taking action to avoid and/or resolve conflicts
Knowledge and Skills:
• 10 years of agency experience
• Expertise in the CPG industry, product branding and package design.
• Love of design and the design process
• Demonstrated knowledge about retail, competitive landscape, and consumer thinking
• Ability to provide valuable insight and feedback on the consumer research process and experience with various qualitative and quantitative research methods
• Strategic and creative-minded. Knows how to nurture and protect big ideas
• Excellent presentation skills
• Demonstrated client and team leadership ability, as evidenced by excellent track record of success with major clients and agency teams
• Willingness and ability to travel some
• Strong organizational, written and verbal skills
• A strategic thinker, and a proactive multi-tasker and problem solver
Salary grade: Commensurate with experience.
Supervisory responsibilities: 3 Direct Reports: Account Executive, Project Manager, Project Coordinator
Reports to: VP Brand Strategist (Firm Partner)