shooli (a start-up that is reimagining the convenience of shoe care) | Digital Marketing Strategist
This job post has expired
shooli is a start-up that is launching in Minneapolis. Our business is built on the mission to extend the life of the things that people love. As a first step, we are setting out to change the way people think about their shoes.
We are reimaging shoe care through providing the convenience of door-to-door pick-up and drop-off services for footwear. We clean, condition, shine, and polish all types of women’s and men’s shoes, sneakers, boots, suedes, casual shoes, etc. We value design in everything we do, from the website, to the packaging, to the way we care for the shoes. Our brand is stylish, convenient, and straightforward.
shooli is ready to hit the ground running and we are building a rock-star team that is ready to take on the challenges that come with a start-up. We are ready to jump into it feet first and the team is quickly coming together. We are excited to bring on another critical member of the team for all our digital marketing needs.
We are a team of passionate individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. We are dedicated to keeping an inclusive environment, and our team is made up of former brand managers, cobblers, consultants, MBAs, restaurateurs, venture capitalists, creative designers, and everything in between.
(All shoe puns intended, of course…)
Overview of Role
The Digital Marketing Strategist will ultimately own all aspects of the brand’s online assets and digital content, including the website, social media, paid advertising, SEO, and email marketing campaigns. In this role, the candidate will work closely with the co-founder and creative director to plan and execute all campaigns and activities to grow the brand and drive new customer acquisition. Execution will be absolutely essential to the success of the business and the position will play a significant strategic role in the integrated marketing approach for the brand.
In addition to running the social media and digital marketing components of shooli, the candidate should also have a foundation in design and photography and be able to create the visual brand assets and graphic content needed for these various channels.
Influencer marketing and other PR outreach will also be a component of the role.
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and should love learning! The candidate should also be passionate about design, style, fashion, service, and shoes!
We recognize that we are listing a lot of responsibilities – we completely understand that being an expert in all of these may not be the case today. Ultimately, we are looking for someone that is eager and excited about the opportunity to learn and grow with a start-up. We are ready to coach and mentor the right individual though all of this!
• Brand Strategy: Collaborate with cofounder and creative director to produce digital advertising that delivers powerful results via all channels. Increase awareness, visibility and understanding of our services. Create content calendars that complement the strategic marketing campaigns for the brand.
• Social Media Management: Own and execute all social media content, posts and strategy, including day-to-day community management across all social platforms, daily activity monitoring & response, social listening, appropriate escalation of user issues, and on-going posts and outreach to social partners.
• Influencer Marketing: Develop relationships with local influencers, bloggers, and partner brands to drive engaging interactions. Build social content designed to interest others and promote reposts.
• Digital Advertising: Execute all paid digital marketing advertising and the strategy behind all campaigns on Google AdWords, Facebook & Instagram (Ads Manager), and YouTube.
• Search Engine Optimization: Ensure an integrated plan with SEO, website copy, and paid search strategy.
• Email Marketing: Own and build email marketing campaigns and manage email database. Ability to create compelling develop email marketing lists, and marketing automation platform. Ability to develop triggers within email marketing platforms.
• Graphic Design: Create content and copy that can be utilized in landing pages, social media, and other marketing tools. Design compelling flyers and information kits for the brand.
• Website: Own the copy and updates to the website and creation of landing page for various ad campaigns.
• Analytics: Marketing analytics, within areas of responsibility, and taking action on insights.
• Other: Stay up-to-date on best practices in digital marketing trends. Spearhead grassroots marketing campaigns and event activations to get the word out on the brand. Organize local print and direct mail marketing events. Lead the organization as a brand ambassador of shooli.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in digital marketing & social media leadership. Proven results with planning, execution and optimization of direct marketing, social media management, and influencer marketing.
• 2+ years of working at a fast-paced start-up. Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, agile environment.
• Foundation in graphic design and/or photography with ability to create creative content for social media posts and email marketing campaigns. (Or the ability to manage a freelancer to create the content.)
• Outgoing personality with an interest in loving the brand as much as we do and living it with our customers and partners! Ability to connect with an influencer community via a tone of voice that fits the brand.
• Undergraduate degree in Design, Communications, Marketing or related field.
• We are looking for a Part-Time Freelance to Hire Position that will start ASAP.
• We are a funded start-up and can be competitive on salary for the right candidate.
• We can offer a competitive compensation based on breadth of skill-set and experience.
• We office in the Cedar-Riverside area by the Carlson School of Management.
• Chris Bixby at [email protected]