Fresh Meat Friday: Adam Valley

By rizeabove / / Get ready, we’re about to share another one of the top young creatives in the Twin Cities. If you, or a youngin’ you know, have roughly between 0-5 years of professional experience and a fantastic book, for the love of God, please send the info to: [email protected] Our fresh cut this week is an Editor in Chief of a local publication, a freelance designer, and one of a few recipients of a scholarship at the recent AIGA Portfolio 1-on-1 event. Twin Cities, meet Adam Valley, a student with one year left at the Art Institutes International-Minnesota where he is earning Bachelor’s in Graphic Design. Adam had perhaps one of our favorite responses to why he got into this field. He told us, “I think one of the biggest things that drove me to this industry is that there is no ‘going through the motions.’ We are forced to take risks, break conventions, and make some people uncomfortable or we risk our design becoming bland, routine, and cliché. Its exciting.” That awesome approach and attitude shows in his work through the wide varieties of styles and elements of design. Although Adam still has a year left in school, he already is getting involved in applying his skills as seen in his rise to Editor in Chief on the sweet MINIMAL magazine. What started as a simple student publication has grown to include an awesome digital element along with film pieces. Adam told us, “We have also secured gallery space in october where we will be bringing together our traditional print brand with our newly formed MINIMAL Film, and displaying with a collection of work we have featured along the way. This is my first time planning and designing an exhibition space and I’m excited to dive in head first.” Very cool. On top of that, Adam is already getting great recognition for his work from the community. Most notably is his recent win of the 2013 AIGA Design Camp Scholarship at the AIGA Portfolio 1-on-1 event that happened a few weeks ago. It’s a great annual event hosted by the AIGA MN where students get to sit down with professionals to review their books and compete for a one of a handful of scholarships. Although Adam was, of course, driven to participate by the chance at a paid ride to Design Camp, he shared with us a bit of what he took away from the experience too. He said, “I think the biggest takeaway was a ton of inspiration and motivation. There was so much talent and so much amazing work in one place. Seeing what stunning things my peers have been creating and being able to converse about the work rather than just click ‘appreciate’ on Behance was really satisfying and inspiring.” Check out more of Adam’s work after the jump. Also check out our last two features: Abby Haddican, a Freelance Designer and Illustrator and Stacia Burtis, manager of the ad department at the Minnesota Daily. Branch Soap Endangered Species Brochure Middle Class Bow Ties I want to grow. Various Logos

Comments

1. ยาเพิ่มความสูง May 19, 2014

http://tv1d.com/
    http://tv1d.com/

`