Schermer | VP of Client Services
This job post has expired
SCHERMER, a growing, dynamic, integrated B2B marketing agency located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is looking for a Vice President of Client Services. Named one of Minnesota Business Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” in 2017 and 2018, Chief Marketers “Top B2B Shops”, and a finalist for ANA’s “Agency of the Year”, SCHERMER is a wonderful place to grow your career, work with some of the brightest marketers in the area and support some high-caliber clients to build buyer-driven brands!
The Vice President of Client Services is passionate about creating successful growth for our clients’ business and our agency. They are curious by nature and demonstrate expertise in the “big picture” with innovative thinking and deep competitive intelligence. They know how to bring out the best talents in their team to help solve our clients’ challenges.
The Vice President of Client Services recognizes new, strategic business opportunities with existing clients by building relationships at the top and across the client’s organization, with key marketing partners. They skillfully present the agency’s capabilities and demonstrate our expertise in crafting the best solutions for our clients’ challenges and pursue opportunities most relevant to the agency’s business goals.
The Vice President of Client Services must be a strategic thinker. She/he will take ownership, drive marketing excellence, innovation, and client intelligence. She/he is responsible for account profitability, overall relationship health and success.
The Vice President works closely with the Account Service team to lead and inspire growth and development within the agency. She/he will lead and set team objectives, identifying what roles are needed and the best candidates to fill those roles and build the optimal team. They are an optimistic, positive leader who demonstrates best-in-practice leadership qualities.
• Responsible for long-term account growth.
• Works with Creative and Strategy teams to evolve client’s business: transforming their goals, internal initiatives, competitive opportunities and customer insights into actionable marketing communications, strategies and tactics.
• Leads and manages the Schermer team on specific accounts.
o Builds and maintains senior-level client relationships.
o Provides team with direction and input to ensure business and project goals are met
o Finds new business opportunities
• Exhibits enthusiasm for clients’ business and industry, maintaining leading-edge knowledge of their business and industry.
• Recognizes and seizes opportunities to contribute to agency new business.
• Oversee revenue forecasting and work with Director of Finance to manage client billing.
• Regularly meets with CEO on clients’ status, including escalation as needed.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Responsible for development of direct reports
Qualifications + Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field; graduate degree is a plus.
• 10+ years of experience, including previous agency leadership experience, B2B agency experience and/or senior client-side marketing experience.
• Ability to concurrently lead and grow multiple clients.
• A deep understanding of multichannel, digital and integrated marketing is necessary.
• Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced environment and be confident making decisions and leading the team and clients. They must be comfortable presenting to senior-level client leadership and to internal agency teams.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience managing and growing employees and teams.
• Comfortable working in an integrated agency environment.