BBDO Minneapolis | Senior Strategist
This job post has expired
A BBDO Senior Strategist has an innate understand of brand positioning and marketing communications in the modern world, with a focus on how target audiences think, behave, build perceptions and consume information. This person serves as a key member of our team and plays an essential client-facing role in gathering direction and presenting our strategic thinking.
• Uncover the needs, wants, concerns and touch points of the target audience
• Gather category information, conduct primary and secondary research, surveys, web analytics, and social media monitoring
• Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers, and competitive dynamics to inform the team and clients of relevant implications/opportunities for their business.
• Lead the client and internal cross-functional teams to create and implement short and long-term integrated strategies.
• Represent the client’s customers in client meetings and presents research/strategy findings.
• Craft concise creative briefs and provide clear persuasive briefings to creatives.
• Distills accurate and insightful conclusions from research data and presents strategy and direction to the client.
• Participate in new business development.
• Management and execution of all creative projects – brief to presentation – across media and within the brand idea.
• Bachelor’s degree (MBA or equivalent a plus)
• 5+ year’s experience in planning at a creative agency or on a creative brand showing clear contributions to long term strategic brand vision, the brand idea and creative.
• Must be comfortable working on projects that start with a lack of structure and well-defined goals and are able to bring clarity to assignment objectives, tasks, and deliverables to meet and exceed client expectations
• Self-starter who is able to own and account and independently move projects forward.
• Proven quantitative research experience and qualitative research experience with an ability to see and adapt insights.
• Proven ability to recognize and create magic and knows what to do with it.
• Ability to present in a manner that influences and leads others around a great idea.
• Outstanding client interaction skills, especially with senior client members, and comfortable presenting and defending strategic recommendations to clients
• Knowledge of Keynote a plus - willingness to learn a must