Coolibar, Inc. | Public Relations Manager
This job post has expired
This is a great job for someone with a passion for our mission to Keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those who suffer from a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one. In this position you will work closely with other Coolibar employees who are big supporters of the company mission and our customers.
The Public Relations Manager primary objective is to cultivate and maintain key professional relationships in media, the medical community and the non-profit industry as it relates to Coolibar’s Mission and business. This role develops and manages the strategy and implementation of impactful communications (internal and external) and materials/collateral to reflect and communicate Coolibar’s key messaging related to the mission of protecting people from the sun and helping to tell the story of the best technically elegant clothing by End User Groups. This role supports the maintenance of brand authenticity across the lines between PR, business development and marketing, to grow market share. Reports to the VP, Brand Marketing and Creative Services and works closely with the CEO.
Essential Functions Highlights
• Plan, develop and implement PR and communication strategies to support the mission
• Interact with, and act as key spokesperson for Coolibar and its mission of “protecting people from the sun”, with outside organizations, foundations, physicians, users, etc.
• Act as primary contact for inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations via telephone and email as well as representing Coolibar in-person
• Report public relation issues or situations immediately to Sr. Management
• Research, create and distribute press releases to targeted media
• Monitor, track and analyze media coverage
• Assist with in-house editing and copy-writing including, mission-related communications, new item descriptions, web related updates, Town Hall decks, blogs/blog collaboration and other collateral materials
• Identify, develop and manage community events, brand advocates/advisory panels, and marketing related to these initiatives
• Collaborate with social media team to define and implement content strategy, amplify media coverage and organic social growth, and develop blog content.
• Source and manage speaking and sponsorship opportunities related to the Coolibar mission
• Working closely with the CEO to create, grow and manage Coolibar’s Advisor Board and User Groups. Ensure that related activities, work and meetings are aligned with the Company’s mission and goals
• Explore, source and develop new opportunities for growth of community outreach related to the mission of protecting people from the sun
• Provide on-going status and detailed reports of Coolibar media coverage, reach and value
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations
• 5+ years as a communication professional
• Effective project management skills
• Exceptional writing and communication development and planning skills
• Ability to work collaboratively and cultivate relationships with internal and external teams, individuals and organizations
• Ability to operate with a customer-focused approach to business practices
• Creative and analytical skills
• Committed to excellence and highly results driven
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Effective time management and multitasking skills
• Positive, collaborative, transparent and a self-starter
• Strong user of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 5-10%
For nearly 20 years, Coolibar (koo-luh-bar) has stopped at nothing to develop the most innovative, technical and high performing sun protective apparel and accessories. In fact, we are the first sun protective clothing company to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation.
OUR MISSION is to keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those with a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one. We believe everyone deserves the right to an active, outdoor lifestyle in the sun, so we promise Coolibar clothing and accessories are UPF 50+.
Coolibar, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN is a mission driven e-commerce retailer. A small company, Coolibar is a big retail success in providing sun protection for our global customers. Experiencing double digit business growth over the last 7 years, the Coolibar team has grown to over 60 full-time employees. Working at Coolibar employees have the opportunity to learn and develop, while contributing to the company’s mission and success. Come grow with Coolibar!
Coolibar offers a solid benefits and compensation package including; healthcare, life and disability coverage, 401(k) plan/match, PTO and employee discount on product.
Coolibar is an Equal Opportunity Employer