MSP-C | Graphic Design Intern
MSP-C, the content agency within MSP Communications, is a team of 100+ editors, strategists, designers and marketers who create award-winning content for some of the most influential and well-known brands in the world. From screen to page, we’re experts at producing content that grabs attention and gets results.
Are you a graphic designer and magazine lover? We’re excited to add an intern to our magazine design team to create layouts for several of our award-winning custom titles. This is a year-long paid ($11.25/hour) internship at our downtown Minneapolis office, for up to 20 hours each week. You will have the opportunity to work directly with our Senior Art Director and attend photo shoots, design and revise page layouts, source artwork and prepare files for print/digital applications. While this is primarily a magazine-focused internship, there may be opportunities to work with video.
Our ideal candidate is collaborative, takes direction well and is a great communicator. A strong attention to detail and deadlines are a must!
• Brainstorm photo and illustration concepts for stories in multiple magazines
• Create magazine layouts (both original features and templated sections)
• Interpret client feedback and assist in design revisions
• Research photographers and illustrators for projects
• Hire and communicate with photographers and illustrators as needed
• Assist in planning and oversight of photo and video shoots
• Assist in sourcing of licensed creative content
• Help design client-facing presentations
• Oversee basic image masking/retouching/editing
• Keep design projects on schedule and meet deadlines
• Prepare and organize files for delivery to clients, print and digital vendors
• Advanced knowledge of InDesign; experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
• Extremely well-organized, resourceful, collaborative, curious, a strong communicator and a self-starter
• Portfolio demonstrating basic magazine layout experience (school or professional)
• Currently enrolled in graphic design program or a recent college graduate
• Eager to learn new skills and adapt within the creative landscape of client services
• Ability to work at our downtown Minneapolis office 20 hours per week on a regular schedule
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter and links to sample work to [email protected] No phone calls, please. We’ll begin reviewing applications on August 15.