The Thorburn Group | Account Director
As Account Director, you are responsible for the management, growth, and overall health of client relationships. As a senior point of contact, the Director coordinates the resources necessary to service projects, provide strategic guidance, build marketing plans while supporting and championing the development and delivery of exceptional creative product. This position works in tight collaboration with the agency's internal teams as well as interfaces with vendors and partner agencies, and is an integral player and evangelist, ensuring that the work we provide to our clients is of outstanding quality and results driven. You'll enjoy a creative environment in a dog-friendly Minneapolis office with half-day Fridays, year-round.
This position will:
• Provide strategic marketing thought leadership and efficient management and oversight on the delivery of projects and ongoing campaigns.
• Manage and lead the agency's day-to-day efforts with key client relationships and accounts.
• Strategically advise clients and develop ideas and solutions that achieve business, marketing, and engagement objectives.
• Understand and work to meet the client's marketing and brand objectives, as well as products and services, market-share, and competitive landscape.
• Translate client assignments into meaningful creative briefs and work with the brand, research, creative, digital, media, and production teams to execute across an integrated marketing and brand-centric approach.
• Multi-task and get the work done effectively and efficiently - on time, within project budgets and exceeding expectations; manages budgets to ensure project profitability.
• Manage a variety of workstreams including traditional, digital, social, experiential, and promotional projects, including creative of timelines, teams, and budgets.
• Effectively and regularly communicate with internal team members and clients.
• Promote the expansion of business with existing clients.
• Lead client presentations and internal agency discussions and effectively present strategic and creative platforms to internal and external audiences.
• Develop broad industry expertise in marketing and higher education and utilize a mix of both new and traditional media channels to develop brand engagement with the client's strategic messaging platform.
• Work with project manager to develop account strategy, manage the client relationship, develop schedules, timeline, budgets, and ensure projects are on time and on budget.
• Lead and contribute to new opportunities, contribute to the strategy as well as work on responses for process, timelines, pricing, and general coordination.
You are qualified for this position if you are/have:
• A minimum of 8+ years of integrated advertising experience managing branding, digital, social, retail, content, website projects, as well as creating and managing budgets for the above.
• A deep understanding of agency processes and ideas for improving.
• A passion for the business and constantly growing and learning.
• A solid understanding of account profitability and financial management.
• A proactive, creative self-starter and a collaborative, inclusive team player.
• A strong sense of responsibility to team, client, and projects.
• Outstanding communication and writing skills with a nod toward diplomacy.
• A positive, upbeat work approach, with a willingness to jump into new areas with gusto.
• Experience working with higher education (a definite plus).
• Strongly skilled in Microsoft Office and working knowledge of Salesforce.
• Guru with PowerPoint and other presentation tools.
• Desire to do the best work of your career and make a difference.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or equivalent.
How To Apply
If this position was created for you, please apply on the link below or send your resume to Human Resources, Stamats, Inc., 615 5th Street SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401. AA/EOE. No phone calls, please