Minnesota Lottery | Digital Marketing Manager
This job post has expired
The Minnesota State Lottery is a state agency that generated over $668M in sales last year, returning a record $156M to our beneficiaries: State’s General Fund to support services like K-12 Education and health care, and environmental programs supporting natural resources, game and fish funds.
Job Class: Information Officer 4
Open for applications: 01/14/2021 – 2/3/2021
Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Travel Required: approximately 5% of the time
Salary Range: $30.10 - $43.61 /hourly; $62,849 - $91,058 /annually
This is a digital marketing role that will require refined and specialized skills related to social media, digital media, digital product development, and advertising technology. This role will lead our digital marketing department, supervise two employees, create and lead the strategies that grow and strengthen our online presence. The Digital Marketing Manager oversees our website and blog, future mobile app, social media, paid digital media, and contributes strategies for customer relationship management (CRM).
You are a seasoned digital marketer who loves social media, has a keen eye for great content, and knows how to lead customers from awareness to purchase and loyalty using digital channels. You are passionate about what you do and are not afraid to sell your ideas to those inside the organization. You innately keep up on all of the latest digital trends and are probably a local thought leader in this ever-changing environment of digital marketing technology and strategy. You have experience leading people toward common goals and have worked on website redesign and mobile app development projects. You are a self-starter and a great problem solver who pays close attention to detail. You have a great can-do attitude and want to have fun when you come to work!
Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Set vision, create strategies, and oversee execution for digital properties, including website, blog, social media, app, paid media, customer database, and other future digital marketing channels
• Oversee digital brand management, including setting content marketing priorities and maintaining brand consistency, and assigning projects to team members
• Act as day-to-day contact for all digital and social media projects with advertising and interactive agency partners
• Supervise Webmaster and Digital Marketing Specialist, providing clear direction and motivating them to grow and produce top-quality work
• Develop a working knowledge of software and systems needed to update Website, troubleshoot issues for Customer Support, update social channels, and conduct social contests
• Work with key department heads to meet cross-departmental goals
• Collaborate with Director of Marketing and Sales and Marketing Manager on all advertising and branding campaigns, working as part of the core marketing team that approves concepts and provides direction to a team of creatives at our advertising agency
• Manage the day-to-day relationship with advertising agency on digital and social media efforts, including monthly content production, paid digital media, and influencer relations
• Find new, innovative ways to use digital video as an opportunity to tell our stories about winners, beneficiaries, new product launches, and more
• Oversee all digital analytics tracking across all digital platforms and make high-level strategy decisions based on data
• Create strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders
Please ensure your resume/application clearly describes your experience in the areas listed below, and indicates the beginning and ending month along with the year for each job held. Only applicants whose resumes clearly demonstrate fulfillment of each of these minimum qualifications will be considered for the position.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, public relations, journalism, or related discipline and 4 years professional experience in digital marketing, social media, digital strategy, or similar role. At least one year of experience is to include social media and community management.
• Skills in Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, and related codebases
• Microsoft Office Suite: Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong writing, grammar, punctuation, and AP style skills with the ability to create polished content on tight deadlines
• Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager and gathering analytics from multiple channels to compile reporting
• Expert understanding of social media listening, scheduling, and reporting tools, including Buffer, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, and TweetReach
• Past experience supervising at least one employee
• Intermediate to advanced Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS skills
• Strong understanding of foundational SEO best practices and the ability to quickly learn new changes to search algorithms as they are released
• Past experience leading a web/digital team
• Past experience working on or overseeing digital products (websites, apps, etc.)
• Relevant work experience for a mid-sized to large brand, especially in gaming or entertainment
Why Work For Us
The Minnesota Lottery exists to create a fun, quick, and thrilling form of entertainment for Minnesotans. We’re proud that a portion of Lottery proceeds goes back to the state to benefit our natural environment. We’re in the entertainment business and are always looking for more ways to have fun as a group. We’d love for you to join us!
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.