Metre | Art Director
This job post has expired
Metre seeks an experienced Art Director to join the creative team to help facilitate and execute print, digital, social, and video projects for a variety of clients and industries. The Art Director’s responsibilities will include developing concept and design direction for brand identities, campaigns, websites, digital, video, print, and outdoor advertising. This role requires an Art Director with leadership skills, design experience, and technical knowledge who can hit the ground running.
• Collaborate and lead designers on video, print, digital, and web projects
• Present work, strategies, and ideas to clients
• Pitch and win new business
• Be part of an energetic, innovative, profitable, and dedicated team
• Partner with account, strategy, design, and copy team members to create effective solutions
• Take responsibility for overall quality of work
• Develop great client relationships
• Manage timelines and meet deadlines
• Set direction of photography, typography, colors and other design elements
• Assume the role of lead designer on projects of varying scope and scale
• Work within the requirements of the creative process
• Ensure efficient, high-quality, and timely production of all work
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• A degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Design Strategy, or a related field from a 4-year university or college.
• 5+ years of experience in graphic design, agency experience preferred.
• Excellent type and layout skills paired with a strong design aesthetic.
• Software skills: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop a must have. Skills in After Effects and/or Premiere a plus.
• HTML/Web design experience a plus.
• A portfolio of professional work for review.
Metre is an independent agency that develops brand and communication strategies while utilizing research and data to connect with key audiences across a variety of industries. With offices in Minneapolis, MN and La Crosse, WI, Metre operates in a large geographic region. Primary clients include government, healthcare, manufacturing, construction, and higher education.