FLM Harvest | Senior Project Manager
FLM Harvest is a strategic consulting, marketing and communications agency that helps set strategy, align teams, frame opinions and create demand to deliver far-reaching results for clients in the pet, agriculture, food and lifestyle markets. FLM Harvest subscribes to a client-centric, matrix structure where teamwork and collaboration is strongly emphasized.
The Senior Project Manager position (SPM) is a critical position within the organization. Under the direction of the Vice President of Project Management, (VPPM) the SPM acts as liaison between the Account teams and functional resources, contractors and outside vendors to ensure that all project deliverables are completed within the established scope, time lines and budget, and that client expectations and requirements are met and delivered as agreed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Handles day-to-day project-related activities for projects. Work closely with the Project Manager Coordinators (PMC) for assistance where needed.
• Advocate for the agency to ensure the best work is produced on-time and on-budget.
• Primary coordination point with functional lead to assure staffing assignments are made and allocations are assigned in WMJ and in Basecamp.
• Monitors and adjusts project schedules and milestones daily.
• Monitors project and campaign budgets/hours weekly, alert account team.
• Records hours/budgets post project completion.
• Provides weekly internal-facing project status reports.
• Maintains project management system of record (e.g. WMJ & basecamp) by assuring project data is maintained to accurately reflect project state.
• Builds project architecture and fleshes out milestones for project phases.
• Creates cost-based labor + expense program estimates by phase.
• Creates and manages Purchase Orders based on approved expense estimates.
• Creates program timelines for proposals / SOWs.
• Monitors projects for scope creep daily + alerts Account team when a change order is needed.
• Keeps Account informed of any issues that would impact client relationship.
• Alerts internal team when projects reach 50, 70 and 100% of budget.
• Creates campaign architecture in alignment with SOW.
• Manages vendors and freelancers on program work.
• Intake work and collaborate with resource manager to ensure project is resourced accordingly.
• Thrive in implementing process when needed and a knack for finding efficiencies and working with the VPPM to implement.
• Work with the VPPM to manage the project workflows including project prioritization, risk documentation, resource allocations and project timelines/deadlines to ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget, but also assisting the PMC.
• Create and maintain daily schedules and hourly assignment allocations to ensure full transparency into our resource’s project allocations and available bandwidth.
• Provide quality control on all outgoing creative projects to ensure design quality and production accuracy.
• Keep all teams (Client Services, Project Management/Ops, Creative Services, Marketing) informed of project status and proactively communicate any challenges that put a project at risk.
• Proactively and positively approach all challenges in a timely manner while identifying obstacles prior to team members being impacted
• Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings and contribute to our culture of creativity.
• Keep up to date on agency industry trends, project management technology and marketing, with a focus on the agriculture industry.
• Provide general assistance to the needs of the department as directed, and perform other duties as a team player.
• Passion and interest for marketing.
• Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of marketing experience
• Ability to influence without authority and resolve conflict
• Creative process and workflow experience
• Experienced project manager
• Skills driving creative development, evaluating work, budgeting production.
• Budget management and project measurement
• Fast paced, good communicator, problem solver, self-starter, analytical.
• Agency background in managing creative projects.
• Experience in managing and executing marketing programs.
• Strong attention to detail and quality.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
• Effective project management and ability to juggle multiple projects
• A strong work-standard and an ability to innovate and think critically.
• Exceptional organizational abilities & proven ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication, customer service and collaboration skills
• Experience with WMJ is a plus or other project tracking software
• Experience with Basecamp is a plus
• Contribute to fun and fast paced culture
FLM Harvest is an equal opportunity employer.