Capsule | Research Associate
We’re seeking an individual that possesses a natural inquisitiveness towards the world (both terrestrial and celestial), a passion for brands and a knack for details that will help mold the clay of meaningful insights and ideas into killer brand strategies and experiences. You know, basically someone who maps stars and supernovas to help brands safely get from point A to point B. The Research Associate at Capsule will work to support the Research Manager and various team efforts, touching diverse areas across Capsule’s extensive design process.
What you'll do:
Support and help execute client research needs spanning a broad range of qualitative methods: focus groups, one on one interviews, mobile shopper studies, stakeholder strategy workshops, competitive landscape + industry research, persona development, collaboration with quantitative partners
• Participate in planning various phases of the research process, such as client kick off’s and discovery sessions, research planning, screener development, insight gathering, analysis and client presentation
• Collaborate with research and creative team to provide strategic recommendations to inform design and experience solutions for brands
• Work alongside internal Capsule team to understand market trends, industry insights and prepare for prospective client work, assisting with pre-research, method selection and proposal development
• Proactively support firm growth and development, finding new tools, methods and relevant cultural insights
• Occasionally participate in highly collaborative team new offering development sessions, strategic brainstorms and naming projects
• Occasionally work with Capsule marketing team to promote our brand and client stories
• Bachelor’s degree in a social sciences discipline, marketing, advertising, or other relevant area of study/life experience
• 1-2 years of working experience in research related role or adjacent experience, experience in a marketing role preferred
• Critical thinking, empathy, organization, process-oriented
• Strong idea-generator, listener, synthesizer, writer and communicator
• Initiative-taker, self-starter, team-player, open and willing to wear multiple hats and try new things
• Able to work in a flexible, dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, working on multiple projects and clients at once
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Adobe suite programs
• Experience with any research platforms or analysis tools, such as DScout
• Exposure to broad research methods in user research and market research, qualitative and quantitative
Capsule has refused to adopt a descriptor since 1999. Our client work has spanned both Outdoor and “Indoor” industries. We’ve strategized for billion dollar industries and non profits. Conducted research for brands both big and small. We’ve given new faces to startups and facelifts to businesses over a century old. We’ve named everything from apples to office chairs. Rebranded schools and orchestras. Crafted experiences for grocery stores and Super Bowls. Our refusal to limit our work to one specific industry, combined with the satisfaction we find from solving problems that others won’t touch with ten foot poles, has earned us a long list of partners and an informative depth of experience in brand research, strategy and design over the last 20 years. So if you asked us to describe Capsule in a word or two, we guess it’d be, “What’s next?”
Clients we’ve grown with include Patagonia, Thrivent Financial, Mattel, Minnesota Orchestra, Medtronic, Cargill, Gerber, Hydro Flask, Red Wing Shoes, The Honest Company, Yakima, Herman Miller, Caribou Coffee, PepsiCo and Smartwool.
How To Apply
Interested? We’ve made reaching out as easy as possible. Seriously, we even took the risk of paper cuts off the table. Send your resume to Sarah Day at [email protected]. We’ll be in touch if we like what we see. No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
Capsule is currently moving spaces in the Minneapolis area. Research Associate will begin as a remote position. This is a full time position. Only candidates with the requested experience will be considered. Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents must have authorization to work in the US before applying.