Capsule | Contract Senior Digital Designer
This job post has expired
CAPSULE (www.capsule.us) is an award-winning design firm based in Minneapolis. We’re currently seeking a creative, innovative, dare we say, eccentric contract digital designer to join our hard-working, fun-loving Capsule crew.
/// DESIRED ///
Forget walking and chewing gum at the same time, Capsule needs someone who takes design to an acrobatic level, simultaneously balancing dreaming, thinking and doing on a trapeze of multiple projects and tight timelines. Currently, Capsule is seeking an individual who not only can design as outlined in the overview but also thrives on constructing new realities in the digital realm.
We’re seeking a contract digital designer that will apply Capsule’s proven design process to the digital frontier. This designer is not only an expert in sitemaps, wireframes, UX and UI, but is capable of guiding web design projects from start to finish. This individual has an eye for aesthetics and references best practices and current trends in visual design. This intrepid explorer must understand how to use creative problem solving, design and elevated common sense to produce layouts, assets and tools that are intuitively understood while demonstrating the ability to steer digital travelers through their creations using effective human-centered design.
Ideal candidates are creative thinkers with a firm footing in reality to produce strategic and contextual design solutions. Excellent presentation, interpersonal, organizational and project management skills are a must. And, experience in logo, print and packaging design is a definite plus. As a fellow member of the Capsule crew, this person must be able to work within a cohesive team while also able to work well independently.
* BA in Graphic/Web Design or similar field
* 4+ years professional digital and print experience and experience working with developers
* Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud products and working knowledge of web design software such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.
* Basic knowledge of CSS and HTML (knowledge of ADA Web Accessibility also a huge plus)
* Ability to display leadership capabilities implementing web design projects from start to finish
* Up to date on current best web practices and design trends