Epiphany, Inc. | Designer/Art Director
This job post has expired
DESIGNER / ART DIRECTOR
An Epiphany Designer is an innovative, creative, collaborative designer with experience working on leading luxury brands in hospitality, food & beverage, wellness and real estate, as well as philanthropy. S/he has a broad range of knowledge, experience, and expertise operating in the spheres of brand development/repositioning/refinement, marketing strategy and integrated tactical marketing communication execution.
This mid-level position is one of the key personnel in the agency – serving as a strategic engine and visual storyteller in the development and implementation of branding and marketing programs. The primary role of the Designer is to develop innovative ideas and concepts and design a brand-aligned suite of marketing materials including, but not limited to brand concept vision boards, logos, identity packages, direct mail kits, large brochures, OS&E materials and website layouts.
This position will work closely with Epiphany’s VP of Creative , Account Director and VP of Strategy to bring each brand to life and represent Epiphany.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Design development for all aspects of a project. Concept image boards, logo, brochures, sales packets, direct mail, website layouts, stationery suites, signage, OS&E materials, etc. from initial design exploration through pre-press production and preparation of print-ready files.
2. Work closely with the Account team to gather information about a job and discuss the direction of a project, as well as provide creative ideation on how to bring a brand to life visually, strategically and tactically.
3. Work with the Account Executive to manage the Print-Production Management process to ensure all files are delivered according to specs, review of proofs/samples and press checks as necessary to ensure an on-time and accurate delivery of printed materials.
4. Art direct photo shoots or discuss project with photographer and express what is needed before the shoot takes place.
5. Photo searching to bring a brand to life.
6. Attend client meetings as necessary to present work or gather information (sometimes travel involved.)
7. Work with freelance designers if needed to educate on design aspects of the project in order to create a piece that works with what has already been done and vice versa.
8. Prepare presentations for client presentations.
9. Participation in client-facing and internal brainstorms to drive brands forward.
1. Participate in Core Values Meetings, Learning Happy Hours and team morale events.
2. Be responsible for your own growth by requesting one-on-one coaching as needed and requesting specific support from the management team.
3. Stay up on industry trends, seek learning opportunities and share knowledge with the team to make everyone better.
SKILLS & BEHAVIORAL TRAITS
Skills and Behavioral Traits required for successful job performance; an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Strategic, creative and tactical thinker who is able to operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing team environment.
2. Ability to gain the confidence of team members, clients and executive management.
3. Self-starter requiring and wanting little supervision.
4. Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative approaches and ideas; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work and the work of his/her team to ensure quality.
5. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions and the actions of his/her staff; follows through on commitments and ensures his/her team does the same. Maintains confidentiality.
6. Employs an advanced understanding of prioritization and time management to ensure things done quickly and accurately, including: the ability to respond efficiently to changes in priorities and requirements; manage stress well, both personally and in the office environment.
7. Focuses on conflict resolution; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Addresses and communicates conflicts – both personal and with staff – through the appropriate channels. Supports a zero-tolerance gossip zone. Provide honest information and accurate feedback with tact and firmness.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of market competition. Confident and knowledgeable about resort real estate and hospitality branding and marketing. (Can be learned.)
9. Well-developed organizational skills. Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
10. Computer literate and a technical skill set that includes the ability to use all of the capabilities of the most current version of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.), calendar software, scheduling software (Trello), agency software (Clients & Profits), Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
11. Is consistently at work on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time and prepared.
12. Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree in the area of graphic design, or similar.
2. 3+ years of design experience (preferably in an agency setting).
3. Experience in the real estate, hospitality and luxury product categories (preferred).