Pitch Perfected :: Tips, Tricks + Tools to Tell Your Own Story to the Media
From publicist to newsroom, learn the behind the scenes of getting your business in headlines.
An award-winning editor-in-chief, radio + podcast host, on-air tv media expert and national contributor joins forces with career publicist of start-ups, nonprofits, established local and national brands for a rare 360 approach to creating and pitching your story from beginning to end. From story ideation to newsroom execution, Ali and Lindsay will teach you all you need to know to launch, refresh and invigorate your brand in the headlines. There are countless expenses in building and sustaining a business. We don’t believe in cutting corners on media exposure as that has proven to catapult brands overnight, yet we want you to be smart about your spend. Agencies charge thousands of dollars for a one-time launch. And while you often get your money’s worth, we will teach you how to secure media attention for yourself at a fraction of the cost. After a jam-packed four hour session with a room full of other smart minds, you will walk away with new skills, tactics and pitches – everything you need to launch your very own PR campaign.
- Learn the behind-the-scenes of newsrooms + how different media organizations operate
- Discover your news hooks for ongoing story opportunities
- Write a press release for your own brand
- Create a press kit
- Gain the confidence and skills to be interviewed on air
Prerequisites & Preparation:
- A few story ideas/news hooks for your brand/organization
- A rough outline of a press release
- A boilerplate/mission statement about your brand/business
*Everyone will be treated to a YUMmy dinner*