The Regis Company
Freelance Experienced UI Designers
UI/UX Design Contract Position at TRC
The Regis Company is a forward thinking leadership and business consulting firm that creates and designs immersive business simulations for Fortune 500 clients and large government agencies. TRC helps companies connect business strategy with performance by shortening the learning curve and embracing systems thinking. To learn more about us please visit www.regiscompany.com
We are currently looking to create long-term relationships with contract/freelance experts in:
- UI/UX design (front-end)
- Graphic design
- Web design
The ideal candidates will be skilled in creating highly graphical user interfaces from scratch while working with our programming team to implement them.
Contractors/freelancers will regularly interface with a high energy team but the majority of work is performed independently in a virtual work environment. Ability to meet at our offices in Golden, Colorado periodically for training and meetings is a plus, but not required.
- Conceptualize the user experience through wire framing and prototype design by producing low-fidelity graphics to support this process.
- Work from a wireframe and prototype to build stellar user interfaces for custom simulations.
- Design and produce high-fidelity graphics demonstrating complex technical constructs.
- Work closely with technical documents and storyboards to interpret data for design.
- Interpret complex flow and data models into an intuitive visual representation.
- Closely follow design and brand guidelines to ensure uniformity.
- Collaborate and communicate with developers, instructional designers, and team members.
- Keep clean and well organized source files for final delivery.
- Produce and hand off optimized graphic assets to development team for implementation.
- Work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Be expertly proficient in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
o Create realistic and stylized assets from scratch
o Strong understanding of filter effects to create reusable styles
o Strong layer/folder labeling and organizational skills
o Strong understanding of layout/composition and designing for dynamic content
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have a portfolio that demonstrates your UI work, specifically showcasing your user interface and user experience design and execution skills.
- Must own your own hardware and software (CS4 and above).
- Must have reliable communication through phone, Outlook, Skype, etc.
- Be able to follow processes and handle constructive criticism well.
- Work well in a team environment and have excellent listening and organizational skills.
- Be a deadline-driven, self motivator with great attention to detail.
- HTML5, HTML, XML, and CSS experience a plus.
- Experience with Axure, Filezilla, Tortoise SVN, and Sharepoint a plus.
This is a freelance/contract position. Work is very project-specific. There may be time gaps between TRC projects. The average time commitment during a project contract can vary from 10 -40 hrs/week. Hours and rates will vary based on project needs and the contractor’s demonstrated skill set.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their resume and portfolio to work@RegisCompany.com with the subject line “UI/UX Design Contractor.” In your email, please include your full name, phone number, mailing address, e-mail address, and a link to your online portfolio. We will contact applicants being considered. No phone calls please